bioXclusters plus has joined together four leading European life science and healthcare clusters. With a common vision, the alliance aims to be the most competitive European meta-cluster initiative in personalised healthcare, delivering cutting edge solutions at a global level. Since its creation in 2012, the partnership has attained significant success and a recognised positioning worldwide. It currently represents 3,300 innovative SMEs across its four partner regions.
Building on the successful programme bioXclusters (2012-2013) and funded by the European Union’s COSME programme, the prime aims of bioXclusters plus are to support the internationalisation of its SMEs and to act as a single entry point to Europe for international healthcare players.
The alliance provides a wide range of services to aid its SMEs growth and competitiveness. Its activities include:
- The organisation and participation of matchmaking and networking events with clusters and potential business partner in its defined international strategic markets.
- Fact-finding missions to strategic countries to learn first-hand about country-specific opportunities and entry requirements as well as to establish contacts with local clusters and potential business partners.
- Information materials about the target countries for higher market understanding.
- Tools to support its SME’s international development, which include the eLSi platform and the developing EasySpeak platform. The Handbook of Recommendations for Internationalisation and Best Practices, a compilation of key findings documented during the alliance’s first phase, is highlighted as an essential document to help with international expansion.
- Training workshops / webinars for SMEs with external experts from the target countries to educate, build and spread knowledge.
- Personalised services through the gateways. These include the identification of partners and collaboration opportunities for SMEs.
In the project’s first phase, 202 European SMEs participated in the consortium’s missions or attended international trade fairs. Moreover, it signed 6 MoUs and 11 business agreements with international and European entities. In 2016, it signed an agreement with Australia.
Internationally, the alliance has established relationships in Brazil, China, and USA and is now extending its cross border activities to include Japan, Australia, Korea, and Canada. Constantly looking for new markets with business opportunities to support its SME’s growth, the alliance also collaborates with other European strategic cluster partnerships and is always open to new relationships with other bioregions to increase its network of contacts.
bioXclusters plus forms part of the European Cluster Collaboration Programme (ECCP) and was named European Strategic Cluster Partnership in Personalised Healthcare in 2016.
Download the bioXclusters Leaflet.